1. Do not send sick child to school when they have -
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or small • Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose • Nausea or vomiting
- Temperature above 100.
2. Be prepared to pick up your child if they should become sick during the day
3. There will be a hybrid distance learning while recovering from illness
4. Make sure supplies of hand sanitizer/tissues etc are up to date for their child
5. Each student should use only their personal supplies
6. Student will bring their own water bottle with their name on it
7. Student may bring their own face masks and shields; however the school will provide these
8. All students must wear a mask/face covering while at school
Keep parents informed about illness in the classroom/school in accordance with the local public health direction
Keep parents informed if there will be a complete shutdown of the school and implementation of distance learning
Instructions to students and staff on social distancing/hand hygiene
Prepare students for distancing learning should the need arise
Everyone over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask/face covering when on the school campus. The school will provide mask/face shield/hand sanitizer for students/parents/and visitors
Follow COVID-19 procedure for sanitizing facility daily, which includes using cleaning supplies that are less toxic such as soap and water. Chemicals will be used when there has been an active case at school
Programs will follow social distancing rules
Worship singing only when outside and 6 feet apart
Limited field trips
Drinking fountains will be closed
Hand air dryers will be closed
Ventilate the classroom as much as possible such as open doors and windows, and use of air filtration systems
Follow the CDC guidelines for social distancing in the classroom which includes a minimum of 4 feet between students
Provide an isolation area if a student shows symptoms at school until the parent can pick up their child
Follow the guidelines for teacher and staff testing of COVID-1913. Follow the guidelines set by the CDC for school closures based on active COVID-19 cases
What a school day will look like:
- Student arrives at school at 7:45 to 8:10. Temperatures will be taken by a teacher/staff person and if it is above 100.4 the student will be sent home by parent waiting for the results of the temperature check. Students will not gather in the gym, they will go to their classroom. They will stay with their classroom group throughout the day.
- Desks will be as far apart as possible with each desk having it’s own shield. Face shields/ and or masks will be provided for all students.
- There will be hand sanitizers outside each classroom/bathroom doors. Each child should have their own hand sanitizers.
- Each student will have their own tissue box and discard used tissues immediately.
- Maximum of two students will be allowed in the bathroom at any given time.
- Each classroom will have their own separate time in the gym or on the playground equipment.
- Hot lunch service will consist of Taco Bell and Papa Murphy’s Pizza like we have done in the past. Any other foods need to be made on the premises, or store bought sealed and brought in such as cupcakes etc. Food will not be shared between students.
- Classes will be outside whenever possible based on weather and activities.
- When waiting for a ride home at the end of the day, each class will have their own separate meeting area. Parents should pick up within 15 min of school dismissal.
- After school program will meet as one group, and group gathering protocol will be followed.